Executive Director of Ojibwe Cultural Foundation
The Ojibwe Cultural Foundation seeks a dynamic executive director possessing strong organizational and management skills. This position is responsible for the overall management and promotion of the Ojibwe Cultural Foundation of Mnidoo Mnising.
The responsibilities include actively nurturing community participation in creative ventures, to strengthen relationships and expand network of participation by being visible and engaged in the member communities.
- This position will report to the OCF Board of Director and has overall strategic, fiscal, and operational responsibility for the organization.
- This role is responsible for the development of OCF programs and budgets and execution of OCF mission and vision. Direct the overall operation of the Ojibwe Cultural Foundation.
- Recruit, manage and mentor staff, volunteers and instructors of the organization and its programs.
- Oversee fund development and work in partnership with the OCF Board of Directors to ensure sustainable and diverse revenue streams including government grants, individual and corporate giving, major donor development and self-generated revenue.
- Maintain record of all contributions; send tax receipts and proper acknowledgements and reporting of all contributions.
- Development/maintenance of community connections and partnerships with other organizations
- An understanding of Anishinaabe culture, language and history is necessary
- Ability to use a team approach to plan and produce programming.
- Experience in marketing, fundraising and social media
- Strong experience in office, program, and event budget management
- Experience in organization of exhibitions, preparation of catalogues, and supervision of gallery installations and other programmatic events.
- Ability and enthusiasm for working with diverse artistic and community groups.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; solid public speaking, negotiation, problem solving, and meeting management skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices in the arts, experience in writing successful proposals
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred but a combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Demonstrate success in business and project management
Please send applications marked Confidential to:
Sophie Corbiere, Operations Manager, Ojibwe Cultural Foundation: Box 278 M’Chigeeng, ON P0P1G0 email@example.com